| AIMS OF THE ASSOCIATION|
- To encourage trade between members so that we can better serve our customers.
- To share relevant information promptly between members – wherever possible by electronic means.
- To represent the members interests with BAFE and at government level.
- To encourage and help members develop their expertise and provide high levels of service.
- To encourage dialogue with other Fire Trade Associations and challenge where appropriate doctrines and proposals put forward that may be the detriment of members.
- To encourage debate by members so that the association more accurately reflects their views and needs.
The UK Fire Association was formed by; Alan Price, Tom Law and Alan Palmer in February 2009 primarily to serve the interests of small and medium sized fire equipment maintenance companies and their customers. All three are passionate about fire safety, the fire industry and are Directors of the Association.
The founders found that they had struck a chord with other like minded people in the fire industry with over 70 members joining in its first year! At the time of writing this has steadily increased by word of mouth to over 130. This in part has been achieved by an efficient and friendly service where members needing help are guided into best practice avoiding wherever possible dictating how they should work.
The comprehensive Code of Practice sets the minimum standards that Members and their customers can expect and is backed up by a robust but very fairly written Constitution. All correspondence including a News Update is carried out electronically except of course for Members meetings which are held twice a year at different locations so that over a period of time everyone has the opportunity (if they so wish) to attend, meet and debate issues with like minded people.
Our representative on the BSi FSH/2 Portable Fire Extinguisher Committee forwards Members views to be considered during the formation of new standards the most recent being the revised BS5306-8. Continual Professional Development is encouraged and Members have access to the Associations own Extinguisher Technicians 3 year Refresher Courses as well as high quality courses by outside organizations including BAFE extinguisher examination training, dry/wet riser courses, etc.
The objective for this website is that it should be a valuable resource whether you are a Member, a fellow fire trade professional not wishing to commit or a consumer looking for confidence in obtaining, fire fighting equipment, fire systems, routine servicing and straightforward no nonsense advice!